Delicious, quick and easy zucchini pasta! So nutritious and satisfying, you won’t miss the real thing.
Time: 20 min
- 450g protein of choice (beef/turkey/chicken mince, fish, tempeh etc)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce (400g)
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp salt, or more to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can tomato paste
- Optional toppings: fresh herbs (thyme/parsley/basil), 1-2 tbsp parmesan or vegan nutritional yeast, squeeze of fresh lemon,
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat with a tsp of oil. Cook protein and black pepper in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Mix tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and red pepper flakes into ground beef; cook and stir until sauce is warmed through, about 2 minutes. Stir tomato paste into sauce.
- Mix zucchini “noodles” into sauce, pressing down to fully submerge them; simmer over medium-low heat until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.