Zesty Salmon Power Bowl is the perfect nutritious lunch option when you need a quick fix of vitamins and minerals!
I use fresh Tasmanian Atlantic Salmon from Tassal Salmon, which is high in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D and protein.
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (600g)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 red cabbage, core removed, finely sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled, finely sliced into matchsticks
- 4 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 2 packets cooked brown rice (500g)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted (40g)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped (set aside some for garnish)
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped (green if you like it extra hot)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
Optional to serve
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Roasted peanuts, chopped
- Whisk together all ingredients for zesty dressing. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, lightly grease and add salmon fillets. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes. Add the lime juice and honey, simmering until it has reduced slightly and the salmon is just cooked.
- Divide rice amongst bowls and top with cabbage, carrot, cucumber, salmon, pan juices and zesty dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with coriander and peanuts.
You can bulk prep the salmon for meal prep for the week, as it freezes well!