VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL BROWNIES! You won’t believe these are healthy because they taste ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! And packed with protein and superfoods thanks to @BotanikaBlends, which is also Australian owned and currently helping to support more than 40+ Australians in the workforce during the COVID-19 crisis. #supportlocal
#HealthHack: I use their peanut butter powder instead of peanut butter to reduce the calories but keep the same peanutty taste! SAVE THIS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup (75g) vegan choc chips
- 1/3 cup (125g) vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup (120g) almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (30g) @BotanikaBlends raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup (110g) coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup (100g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup choc chips for the topping
Peanut Butter Swirl
- 1/4 cup @BotanikaBlends peanut butter powder + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (65g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F degrees. Lightly grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and butter/oil. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments until mostly melted, and stir well at each interval. It took me 1 minute and 30 seconds. It should be completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Add the cacao, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl with the chocolate mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, evenly.
- Peanut Butter Swirl: In a medium bowl or blender, combine the peanut butter powder, melted vegan butter, sugar and vanilla until a smooth, thick texture is created (like peanut butter!).
- Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture on top of the brownies, then swirl it with a butter knife.
- Bake for 30 35-40 minutes. For best results, let the brownies cool completely before cutting. If you cut them immediately they will be very gooey in the middle, but if you let them cool they will be just perfect – they’re ESPECIALLY delicious the next day if you can wait. Enjoy!
Discount code is AMY15 if you want to try it for yourself!