These Tofu Fries are golden and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and so delicious! Serve them with a creamy sriracha dip or as a side dish for the perfect weeknight dinner that everyone will love!
Gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, low carb and keto-friendly with instructions to bake in the oven or the air fryer.
FOLLOW: @AMYLEEACTIVE @NOURISHin5 for more healthy recipes! Tag me on Instagram too if you make it, I’d love to see 🙂
MY COOKBOOK & KITCHENWARE: https://www.nourishin5.com
Time: Prep: 5 minutes | Bake: 20-30 minutes | Total: 30 minutes
- 1x 400g block of tofu
- 1 cup almond meal or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, basil)
- 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup milk (I use almond)
Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 3 tbsp yoghurt of choice or mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha or hot sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Tofu Fries: Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. To prepare tofu, press and drain all liquid. For even better results, use the freeze and defrost method. Slice into fry shapes, they can be as thick or thin as you like. Set aside. Stir together almond meal, desiccated coconut, nutritional yeast, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl or food processor if you prefer a finer crumb. Dip tofu into the milk, then into the crumb bowl, and again into the milk and crumb for a double coat. Place on a lined baking tray, spaced apart and bake for about 25-30 minutes OR air fry for 20 minutes at 200°C/400°F until golden brown.
- Sriracha Dipping Sauce: combine all ingredients until smooth.
Leave a Reply