The Jennifer Aniston Salad is fresh, delicious, and packed with plantbased protein. It’s no wonder she enjoyed this on the set of Friends for 10 years!
Enjoy this light, gluten free salad as a healthy lunch, dinner or side dish!
MY COOKBOOK & KITCHENWARE: https://www.nourishin5.com
- 1 cup dry quinoa or bulghur*
- 2 cups water or chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 packed cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 loosely-packed cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup (115g/4oz) crumbled feta cheese (can also use 1/2 cup to lessen calories)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: 1 tbsp honey
- Add water or chicken/vegetable stock to a small saucepan over high heat then bring to a boil. Add quinoa, then turn heat down to low, place a lid on top, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth has been absorbed, 15 minutes. Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork then scoop into a storage container or large mixing bowl with a lid to cool. Once cool, cover then refrigerate until chilled. Can be done a day or two ahead of time.
- Add chilled quinoa to a large mixing bowl then add remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing then toss to combine and serve. Store salad in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days.
*Use cooked cauliflower rice to lessen the carb count.