A delicious Spiced Gingerbread Loaf that’s perfect for Christmas festivities. Full of fibre and goodness so it’ll keep you satisfied!
- 1 1/2 cups apple puree (350g)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (85g)
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses (90g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (180g)
- 1/2 cup lupin flakes (70g)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (50g)
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Optional Festive Toppings: white chocolate, pepitas or pistachios, craneberries or goji berries
- Line and grease a 9×5 loaf pan. Preheat oven to 190 C/ 375 F. Whisk all wet ingredients together until well combined.
- In another large bowl, stir dry ingredients together very well. Pour wet over dry, stir until just evenly mixed, and pour into the loaf pan, shaking to level the mix out. Bake on the center rack for 30 minutes, then decrease temperature to 160 C for another 30 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit in the closed oven for another 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before removing from the pan. Store leftover slices in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.