Here’s an example of a standard meal prep that’s delicious, quick and easy to prepare! This Sesame Tamari dressing/marinade is very versatile and can be used with any meats or plant-based protein sources such as tofu or tempeh, or drizzled over roast veg.
Protein of choice: fresh cod from the market
Vegetables of choice: pumpkin, red capsicum, onion
Base: cauliflower rice
Sauce/Dressing/Marinade: Sesame Tamari
As always, the ingredient quantities are in two servings, so double or triple for your dietary needs!
You are actually not what you eat, you’re what you digest and absorb. Our gut health is integral to our overall health and wellbeing – it’s the second brain of the body and is essential for optimal bodily function. To quote Hippocrates, “all disease starts in the gut”.
Eating and maintaining a diet that is predominantly filled with whole foods, probiotics and anti-inflammatory ingredients is key for gut health, and this lunch/dinner or meal prep recipe will help you do just that! Gluten and dairy-free, it will soothe your digestive system with turmeric. It’s fibre-packed (great for feeding healthy bacteria) from the vegetables – cauliflower in particular contains liver-detoxifying enzymes in cauliflower. Not to mention, it tastes amazing!
Time: 1 hour
- 2 cod fillets or protein of choice
- 1 cauliflower head, processed into cauliflower rice
- Other vegies of choice (the more the better!)
- 1 tsp curry powder or turmeric powder (I like to use the turmeric latte blends with black pepper)
- Optional: 2 tbsp coconut oil (I don’t cook with oil as I don’t notice a taste difference and I like to get my fats from healthy desserts!)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Make marinade by whisking all ingredients in a bowl until combined.
- Line a baking tray and add vegies of choice. Drizzle 2 tsp of dressing onto vegies. Add oil if desired. Add to oven and roast for 15-25 minutes or until roasted to liking.
- Rub marinade onto protein of choice. Add to oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- sauté until cooked (2-3 minutes).
- Heat a large pan to medium-high and sauté cauliflower rice until cooked (2-3 minutes). Turn off heat and let cool slightly, stir through the curry powder or turmeric powder.
- Serve or place into meal prep containers!