PROTEIN BANANA SALTED CARAMEL OATMEAL MUFFINS 🍌🙊 perfect for this week’s #mealprep for brekky, snacks or dessert. They’re crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and full of protein.
Time: 20 mins bake time
- 1 cup oat flour (120g)
- 2/3 cup almond meal (90g)
- 1 scoop salted caramel protein powder (about 1/4 cup) (30g)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or sweetener (50g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 medium ripe bananas (270g)
- 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt (110g)
- 2 large egg whites (60g) (or 1 egg) (or 2 tbsp flaxseed soaked in 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: dark choc chips or walnuts to mix through batter
- Preheat oven to 190 C / 400 F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let batter sit for a few minutes to thicken. Optional to sprinkle rolled oats and coconut sugar on top.
- Pour batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Vegan alternatives: use vegan protein powder substitute greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt and eggs for 2 flax eggs.