MY COOKBOOK & KITCHENWARE: https://www.nourishin5.com
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen and thawed (any berry will work!)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted
- Optional: 2 tsp coconut oil, for melting
- Optional: Flaky sea salt, for topping
- Raspberry Chia Jam: Using a fork, mash together all ingredients for the jam in a bowl. Optional: if you prefer, you can heat up the jam ingredients instead with a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring for about 5 minutes, then mash. Turn off heat when chia seeds have absorbed the liquid and thickened. Let the jam chill completely before using. Use a spoon to form into blobs on a reusable baking mat, then freeze for about 1-2 hours.
- Chocolate Coating: Combine all ingredients except salt in a bowl and melt gently. Coat frozen jam blobs with chocolate using a fork and it should solidly very quickly. Place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes and enjoy! Store in the freezer.
You can use any fruit you desire, not just berries – try oranges, banana and more!