Inspired by Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, these scrumptious treats are sugar-free and rich in antioxidants from raw dark chocolate – no one will ever guess they’re good for you and packed full of protein!
Time: 10 Serves: 10
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sweetener of Choice (I use Natvia Icing Mix) (30g)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (or unflavoured) (30g)
- Pinch of Salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter, melted gently (130g)
- ½ cup Sugar-free Dark Chocolate (60g) or my Vegan Raw Dark Chocolate
- Optional toppings: freeze-dried strawberries, bee pollen
- Evenly combine sweetener, protein powder and salt in a bowl. Mix in peanut butter until it becomes a crumbly dough. Add extra protein if it’s too liquid, or a dash of water if it’s too dry. (Different brands of peanut butter yield different results.)
- Form dough into shapes smaller than your moulds (I use cupcake liners so they look like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups).
- Melt the chocolate gently on a low heat and meanwhile prepare 10 cupcake liners.
- Fill your moulds half-way with the chocolate, place the dough on top then fill the rest of the mould with the chocolate. Optional to add toppings.
- Set in fridge. Can be stored in fridge or freezer, either way, they’re delicious!
Try using chocolate protein powder for a double chocolate hit!
For a nut-free option, try using sunflower seed butter.