These Hot Cross Bun Bites are the perfect little treat for Easter! They’re also packed full of protein, fibre and nutrients.
Serves: 10 bites
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal (125g)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (30g)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (24g)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp mixed spice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (45g)
- 2 flax eggs (20g of ground flaxseed soaked in triple its amount of water) or whole eggs if not vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 3 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients except the sultanas in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the wey ingredients in a jug.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the raisins.
- Roll a heaped tablespoon of mixture into a bun shape and add to baking tray. Repeat with rest of mixture.
- Add to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before piping a cross on each bun with the melted dark chocolate.
Leave a Reply