These Protein Chocolate Brownie Donuts are the perfect snack to prep for the week to satisfy those 3pm munchies, or any sugar cravings. They’re packed full of protein to keep you fuller for longer!
The soft fluffy texture of cake and the chocolate fudginess of a brownie combine forces in these delicious, healthy, vegan and grain-free donuts.
I use WelleCo Nourishing Protein in chocolate which also has the added bonus of probiotics.
CHECK OUT THE RECIPE VIDEO HERE!
Make sure you tag me on Instagram @AMYLEEACTIVE if you try these, I’d love to see how yours turn out!
Time: 30 mins
Serves: 16 mini donuts
- 1 cup Almond Meal (140g)
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour (40g) (Rolled Oats processed into flour)
- 1 scoop Choc Protein Powder (30g) (I use WelleCo Nourishing Protein)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (25g)
- ¼ cup Powdered Sugar (50g) (I use Natvia Icing Mix)
- 1 tsp coffee powder (optional, highlights chocolate flavour)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Flax Egg (10g flaxseed mixed with 1/4 cup water, sit for 5 minutes to soak) (sub: 1 egg)
- 1 cup Ripe Banana, mashed (190g) apple (263g)
- 1/4 cup Milk of choice (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk) (50g)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup (40g) (sub: honey)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (or lemon juice)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 cup Dark Choc Chips (75g)
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor or bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in food processor or bowl, then add to the dry and combine, don’t overmix.
- Pour mixture into donut tins/mold, filling it halfway as it will rise.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean, and let cool before removing.
TIP: You can also make brownies out of this recipe
Leave a Reply