The perfect sweet and healthy protein snack for meal prep to have on the go! It’s full of protein, fibre and complex carbs for slow energy release, keeping you satisfied and fuelled for busy days ahead.
This recipe is incredibly versatile and forgiving, it can be made vegan – simply swap the egg whites for chia or flax eggs, greek yoghurt for coconut yoghurt, and use a vegan protein powder! It’s also easy and delicious, using nourishing and skin-loving ingredients such as almond meal and cinnamon, which has been proven to help lower blood sugar.
- 1 cup oat flour (120g)
- 2/3 cup almond meal (90g)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 1/4 cup) (30g)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (50g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 medium very ripe bananas (270g)
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt (110g)
- 2 large egg whites (60g) (or 1 egg) (or 2 tbsp flaxseed soaked in 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: dark choc chips to mix through batter
- Preheat oven to 190 C / 400 F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together all dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients until well combined and smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let batter sit for af ew minutes to thicken. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and place on wire rack to cool completely.