A simple, dairy-free and vegan 5-ingredient raw chocolate that is perfect for entertaining. Naturally sweetened with NutriVital Organic Cranberry Juice which is not only sugar-free, but full of gut-friendly probiotics.
You can also swap out coconut oil for raw cacao butter to make it solid at room temp (coconut oil will melt easily, but is cheaper than raw cacao butter). Make sure to melt the raw cacao butter gently on a low heat (below 40 degrees celsius) to retain the nutrients.
Time: 5-10 min
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp NutriVital Organic Cranberry Juice
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey if not vegan or stevia for sugar-free)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional pinch of salt (emphasizes chocolate flavour)
Add-ins: dried berries
- Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once it melts, turn off heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour in chocolate mold or on lined tray. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, or until it is set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Once hardened, you can also opt to melt the bars again for chocolate sauce. Or chop them up for healthy 100% sugar-free chocolate chips!
You can use stevia as a sweetener for a sugar-free option.
Leave a Reply