These fluffy protein pancakes are inspired by the classic American PB&J sandwich, and is packed full of protein, fibre and healthy fats.
- 1 cup Rolled Oats (90g)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (30g)
- 2 tbsp Sweetener of choice (I use Natvia Icing Mix) (16g)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese (220g)
- 1/3 cup Milk of Choice (60g)
- 2 Egg Whites (60g)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 200g frozen or fresh Raspberries or Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Sweetener of Choice (honey, maple syrup or a little stevia to taste)
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Puree
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
Peanut Butter topping
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Jam topping: Combine all ingredients except the Chia Seeds.
- Simmer over a low heat for about 2 minutes, uncovered until thickened slightly.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the chia seeds.
- Let sit until cool enough to place in the fridge for an hour, where it will form a jelly texture.
- Pancakes: Add all dry ingredients to a blender until smooth; I like leaving some of the oats whole for texture.
- In a bowl, combine wet ingredients, then add dry ingredients until combined.
- Heat a greased pan to medium heat, and pour about 1/4 cup of batter in.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles start to form. Flip, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Peanut Butter topping: mix peanut butter and hot water until desired consistency.
- Assemble: Drizzle the pancakes with the jam and peanut butter. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply