Peanut Butter Choc Chip KALE Cookies – yes, believe it!
These cookies are soft, chewy and little bites of heaven. Made with all natural, nutritious ingredients; it’s the sweetest way to get your greens in – and you won’t be able to taste them! Perfect for fussy kids, healthy snacking or even a naturally green and festive dessert for Christmas (without the artificial colours or sprinkles).
You can use kale or spinach, depending on what you have on hand. It’s a great vegan and allergen friendly sweet treat.
Tag me on Instagram @AMYLEEACTIVE if you try the recipe!
- 1 cup raw kale (or spinach), no stems
- 1 cup oat flour, loosely packed (125g)
- 1/2 cup dry sweetener of choice (I use Natvia) (100g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (55g)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp milk (60g)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (60g)
- Preheat oven to 170 C / 325 F.
- Dice kale (or spinach) finely.
- Combine all dry ingredients except kale in a bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients to form a dough. Add kale. It will be dry at first, so keep stirring – add milk of choice as necessary until a cookie dough batter is achieved (you may need more or less depending on the oiliness of your nut butter).
- Roll into balls and flatten slightly. Place on a cookie tray, and bake 10 minutes. They will look underdone. Remove from the oven and let them cool 10 minutes, during which time they will firm up.
You can freeze the cookie dough balls and bake at a later date if you wish!
Photos by Max Kruse.