The best low-carb, low-calorie keto sushi recipe needs only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes! Just use this easy method for how to make sushi without rice.
- 250g protein of choice (I use smoked salmon) other topping ideas: teriyaki tofu, chicken, cooked tuna
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into sticks
- 6 nori sheets (seaweed sheets)
- 100g yoghurt of choice (I use non-fat Greek yoghurt)
- Optional seasoning of choice (I use toasted sesame seeds)
- Optional to serve: soy sauce, tamari, wasabi, pickled ginger
- Slice salmon into strips.
Slice avocado into thin strips.
Slice cucumber into thin strips and remove the seeded part as it is quite watery.
Toast sesame seeds, about 1-2 minutes in a pan on medium heat.
Making the Sushi Rolls
Place the nori sheet on a flat surface and spread with a thin layer of yoghurt. Sprinkle with seasoning.
Place one or two layers of your sliced protein. Place cut avocado and vegetables next to the protein. Optionally add in any other fillings of your choice.
Dip fingers in water to lightly wet the opposite edge of the sushi fillings; this seals the sushi roll. Curl the nori sheet over the filling and pull back in on itself to create a roll and continue to roll, maintaining pressure.
To cut the sushi be sure to use as sharp a knife as possible and to wipe the sides of the knife after each cut to keep clean. This will produce a cleaner cut and beautifully presented sushi.
Serve with soy sauce or tamari, wasabi paste or hot mustard mixed into good quality soy sauce such as Shoyu.