You need this fluffy and moist Lemon Loaf! It’s basically Banana Bread’s cooler, zestier sister. If you can make Banana Bread, you can make this super easy Lemon Loaf! It’s a lighter version made with Greek yoghurt. Feel free to use either full-fat yoghurt or non-fat yoghurt.
FOLLOW: @AMYLEEACTIVE @NOURISHin5 for more healthy recipes! Tag me on Instagram too if you make it, I’d love to see 🙂
MY COOKBOOK & KITCHENWARE: https://www.nourishin5.com
Time: Prep: 10 minutes | Bake: 45-50 minutes | Total: 60 minutes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut or olive oil or butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sweetener of choice (sugar, coconut sugar, stevia baking blend etc)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Optional: 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Line and grease a loaf pan with baking paper for easier removal.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, oil, sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Whisking until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and optional poppy seeds. Stir until just combined; do not over mix, a few lumps are fine.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and place in the oven immediately. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the top becomes too brown, place foil over the loaf pan.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan before transferring to a cooling rack. To make the lemon icing simply stir the sugar and lemon juice until a thick icing texture is formed, and pour onto the top of the cooled loaf. Top with lemon zest or lemon slices for decoration.
You can store lemon loaf in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Freeze the bread for up to 3 months. Just thaw overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving!
Leave a Reply