- 1 cup (250g) raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 can (200g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. Line a baking tray with baking paper and arrange hazelnuts in one single layer and bake for 6-8 minutes until just golden brown. Rub them together in a paper towel to get the skins off. It’s okay if a few stubborn skins won’t come off.
- In a food processor, blend the nuts until they’ve turned to butter, then add all other ingredients until smooth and creamy like Nutella (about 2 minutes)
- Transfer the spread to a sterilised jar and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.