Delicious, buttery, low carb and high protein cookie! It’s also low carb (keto friendly!), high in protein and can be made vegan if you please.
If you make it, please tag me on Instagram @AMYLEEACTIVE, I love seeing your creations!
- 1/2 cup (115g) butter or vegan butter
- 1 large egg or flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar sweetener or coconut sugar if not strict KETO
- 1/4 cup sweetener (I use Natvia, or you can use more coconut sugar)**
- 2 cups almond flour*** (200g) (You can substitute 1/2 cup of almond flour for 1/2 cup protein powder to boost the protein)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F. Heat the butter in a 9-inch non-stick skillet over high heat until bubbling. Reduce heat and cover pan (optional; prevents butter spitting), and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the butter starts to brown. Once browned, remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- While butter is cooling, whisk together the egg, vanilla and sweeteners. Mix in the butter once it has cooled.
- Sift in the almond flour to remove lumps and add the salt and half the chocolate chips; mix through gently until the batter is well combined and creamy. It will be a little thicker than cookie dough. Smooth batter into skillet; top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and firm on the top when pressed lightly and a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cookie comes out clean.
- Serve with sugar-free ice cream or frozen yogurt and enjoy!
Leave a Reply