WE made the famous GIGI HADID Pasta HEALTHY & VEGAN! 😍 SO delicious & creamy! Recipe is on my YouTube channel if you’d like the video version! I have also added in both the original non-vegan ingredients next to the vegan ingredients so you can choose whatever works for you!
Victoria’s Secret Supermodel Gigi Hadid has blessed the world with her insanely delicious spicy vodka pasta sauce recipe. Packed with heavy cream, parmesan cheese and butter, the recipe is far from vegan, so I’m going to share a healthy plant-based version with you – that’s just as delicious as the cream version but with plantbased goodness and fibre, and way less calories!
Instead of vegan cream, I have provided three substitutes: full-fat coconut milk, soy milk mixed with olive oil, and cashew cream.
FOLLOW: @AMYLEEACTIVE @NOURISHin5 for more healthy recipes! Tag me on Instagram @AMYLEEACTIVE too if you make it, I’d love to see 🙂
MY COOKBOOK & KITCHENWARE: https://www.nourishin5.com
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, diced
- ¼ green onion
- ¼ cup (56g) tomato paste
- ½ cup heavy cream or full fat coconut milk or cashew cream*
- 1-2 tbsp vodka
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 225g of shells pasta
- 1 tbsp butter or vegan butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese or vegan cheese
- Basil or Parsley, chopped, to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion. Cook until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook until it appears darker in colour and caramelised, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the vodka and cook through until evaporated. Add in the heavy cream or coconut milk and red pepper flakes.
- Keep stirring until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Remove sauce from the heat.
- Cook pasta separately according to package instructions. When the pasta is done, save ¼ of the pasta water before draining.
- Add in the butter. Stir over a medium heat til the butter has melted and the sauce is “sauccyyyy”, Add pasta – and the pasta water – to the sauce. Add parmesan cheese and stir. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Top with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and basil to serve.
*Quick cashew cream: Boil 1/2 cup raw cashews for 10 minutes, then drain all the water. Pour boiled cashews in a blender with 1/2 cup water.
Soy milk mixed with olive oil also has a heavy cream consistency and taste.
Leave a Reply