Banana Bread that tastes delicious and buttery – but without the fat. Try the easy recipe and see for yourself!
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup White Spelt Flour (190g)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (50g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4x pinches of Pure Stevia Extract (or 4 tsp sweetener of choice)
- 2 cups packed, mashed banana* (440g)
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave, honey) (100g)
- 1/3 c milk of choice (70g)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 C / 350 F. Combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients, then mix into dry. (Mix by hand, don’t overmix.)
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and place foil on top, and cook for a total of 40 minutes. In the last 5 minutes, take foil off to bake the top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for ten minutes before slicing. After the first day, store bread in the fridge. Or freeze slices wrapped individually in glad wrap.
*Make sure to use very ripe bananas – the browner and more bruised, the better!