There’s no better way to show someone how much they mean to you…than with chocolate! This velvety-rich raw vegan chocolate recipe is so versatile and the customizations are endless. I topped mine with freeze-dried strawberry and cacao nibs for extra crunch. Store leftovers (if any) in a tightly sealed container in refrigerator for one week, or freezer for one month.
- 1 cup Raw Cacao Butter (~200 g)
- 3-5 tbsp Liquid Sweetener (Maple Syrup, Agave, Honey etc) (50-80g)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cacao Powder or Cocoa Powder (50g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Powder or Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional Mix-ins/Toppings: roasted nuts, freeze-dried fruit, cacao nibs.
- Set up a double-boiler by bringing 2 inches of water in a saucepan to a simmer over low heat. Then set a glass or ceramic bowl on top, making sure it doesn’t touch the water.
- Add cacao butter and melt for a few minutes. To keep raw, do not let ingredients heat to above 40 C / 104 F.
- Whisk in the sweetener until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk in cacao/cocoa powder, vanilla and salt until combined and very smooth. Turn off heat.
- Taste and adjust flavour/sweetener as needed. Add mix-ins if desired.
- Choose your chocolate mould – cupcake liners, chocolate bar moulds etc – and carefully pour in the chocolate.
- Set in the freezer or refrigerator, about 10 minutes. Enjoy!