Everyone’s favourite coconut chocolate bar transformed into a healthy, probiotic treat!
Time: 10-15 min
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (70g)
- 2 tbsp NutriVital Organic Cranberry Juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (85g)
- Optional: 1 tsp coconut oil
- Process all ingredients (except choc chips) in a food processor (you can also stir by hand)
- Line a plate with baking paper. Form mixture into bars, then freeze until firm. (If the mixture is too sticky to make patties, put it in a bowl and freeze for only a few minutes, until it’s firm enough to shape).
- Melt the chocolate chips. I like to stir in the optional 1 tsp oil before melting because it makes a much smoother chocolate sauce that more easily coats the patties and enables you to use less sauce overall. Dip bars into the sauce then re-freeze until firm.