This Chocolate Mud Banana Bread is a cross between chocolate mud cake and banana bread; the best of both worlds! Full of fibre and nutrients, it’s a super satisfying dessert and sweet treat.
Made (secretly) nutritious with zucchini, I promise you won’t taste anything but chocolate-y banana-rey goodness!
Time: 15 mins prep + 50 mins cook
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (260g)
- 1 cup banana, mashed (240g)
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated, loosely packed (200g)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (50g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coffee powder (optional; enhances chocolate flavour)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (85g)
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener (maple syrup, rice malt syrup or honey) (150g)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- optional 1/2 cup chocolate chips (85g)
- Preheat oven to 175 C / 350 F, and grease a 9×5 bread pan. Put the oats in a food processor until it is a flour consistency. Add all other ingredients (except optional chips) and blend until smooth. Stir in chips.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan, then bake on the middle rack for 35 minutes. Turn the oven off – but DON’T open the oven. Let the banana bread sit in the closed oven for another 15 minutes. Then remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the bread pan.
Leave a Reply