FOLLOW: @AMYLEEACTIVE @NOURISHin5 for more healthy recipes! Tag me on Instagram too if you make it, I’d love to see 🙂
MY COOKBOOK & KITCHENWARE: https://www.nourishin5.com
- 1 cup (130g) plain flour
- 1 cup (140g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (for coating)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar and oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until a dough forms (do not over beat). Cover bowl with wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 175°C/350°F. Line baking tray with baking paper. Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into balls for smaller cookies, or 2 tablespoonfuls for larger cookies
- Add the confectioners (icing) sugar to a smaller bowl. Generously and evenly coat each ball of dough in SUGAR then confectioners’ sugar and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes (for small cookies) or 12 minutes (for larger cookies). The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
Leave a Reply