Struggling for healthy weeknight dinner ideas? Eat the rainbow and try this crispy Cauliflower, Chia & Quinoa Pizza Crust!
It’s packed full of protein, fibre, nutrients and healthy fats to keep you fuller for longer. Not to mention it’s super easy and delicious!
Time: 10 mins prep + 40 mins cook Serves: 12
- 1/2 cauliflower (about 4 cups of florets)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in 7 tbsp of water for 5 minutes to make chia eggs)
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes (or rolled oats ground into oat flour)
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Toppings: vegan cheese, rainbow veggies of choice
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 390 F. Chop cauliflower into small florets, then steam until soft.
- Stir the quinoa flakes with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Place cauliflower in a dish towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. At least 1/2 cup of liquid should drain out.
- Combine the cauliflower and the chia eggs, then stir in the quinoa mixture. Flatten the dough into a pizza shape on top of a lined and greased baking pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and add toppings of choice. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes. Enjoy! 🙂
If you make it, please tag me on Instagram @AMYLEEACTIVE, I love seeing your creations! 🙂
Leave a Reply