You will LOVE this 5 Ingredient Coconut Banana Bread that requires only one bowl. Less washing up is totally a win! Plus it’s also super high in protein, gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, dairy-free and has the option of no added sugar! It is not overly sweet, and beautifully fluffy, thanks to the super healthy key ingredient of coconut flour.
I guarantee you’re going to love this fluffy banana bread with a coconut flavour twist!
This recipe was born out of a combination of wanting a go-to simple banana bread recipe, that’s high in protein, fluffy, less than 70 calories and pure laziness from not wanting to do any washing 🙊🙈🙉
Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes Serves: 12
- 4 ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups mashed) (350g)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour (72g)
- 3 whole eggs + 2 egg whites (about 60g) or you can use 5 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener or coconut sugar (38g) (I personally don’t add any as I don’t like it too sweet)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Optional: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and whisk in the eggs. Whisk in sweetener, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake until the center of the loaf has risen and feels firm, about 50-60 minutes. Test with a skewer and ensure it comes out clean before removing. Cool completely before slicing and serving. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week for best shelf life.
Nutritional info: 127 calories | 5g protein | 3.3g fat | 20.2 carbs
Coconut flour sticks to pans more so than other varieties of flour, so it’s best to line your pan with baking paper so the banana bread easily releases from the pan when cool.
Grease the pan with a little bit of oil, then place the baking paper into the bottom of the pan – the light coating of oil will hold the parchment paper in place, so it doesn’t wiggle around while you pour the batter in!