Pulled “Pork” Tacos with an oriental twist! These vegan tacos are a fusion of Mexican and Asian flavours, and use carrots instead of pork to increase your veggie intake. Made with Morlife Oriental Ginger & Teriyaki Quinoa.
Time: 45 mins
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar-Free Tomato Sauce (330g)
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar (70g)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup (90g)
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar (30g)
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp Black Strap Molasses (6g)
- 4x Stevia or 4 tsp Natvia (12g)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- 4-6 Carrots, julienned or spiralized (465g)
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil, melted (2g)
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- A few drops of Liquid Smoke (optional, but recommended)
- 2 cups Cooked Quinoa (Morlife Oriental Ginger & Teriyaki Quinoa Risotto)
- 4-6 small Tortillas
- 3 cups Crunchy Vegetables (red cabbage, lettuce etc)
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup Coriander, chopped
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 190 C and grease a lined baking pan.
- BBQ Sauce: Combine the ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a pan and cook uncovered over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste for seasoning adjustments.
- Carrots: Meanwhile, put the carrots and onion in the baking pan, sprinkle pepper and drizzle the coconut oil over them. Toss well to coat and then spread evenly in the pan. Cover the pan with foil and roast for 30 minutes, until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Add the carrots and onions to the BBQ sauce in the pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a bit of liquid smoke to the carrots and turn off the heat.
- To serve: Lay the tortillas flat and pile on the crunchy vegetables, lime juice, quinoa, pulled ‘pork’, avocado, coriander and a sprinkle of sesame seeds, in this order.