Super simple, easy and fresh 5 Ingredient Salmon & Chickpea Fritters made with fresh Tassal Salmon.
Perfect for delicious weekday lunches and dinners, or as a side – make sure you make it in bulk so you can freeze and have these fritters on hand for convenient meals!
It’s full of nutrition from omega-3 rich salmon and fibre rich chickpeas, and goes great with salads.
Time: 10 Serves: 16
- 300g Tassal Tasmanian Fresh Salmon skin-off, cooked to preference
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour (75g) (or sift through 1 tsp baking powder through normal wholemeal flour)
- 3 large carrots, coarsely grated OR 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
Optional flavour add-ins
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus 1 tbs, extra, to serve
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Optional to serve
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt (90g)
- Baby rocket
- Lemon wedges
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and mash, keeping some texture. Add egg and flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the salmon, zucchini/carrots and any flavour add-ins. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4-cupfuls of salmon mixture to pan, to make 14 fritters. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Continue with remaining salmon mixture to make the rest of the fritters, adding a little more oil to pan as necessary.
- Top the fritters with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle with extra parsley. Serve with rocket and lemon wedges.