This recipe is from the Nourish in 5 Cookbook! With over 100+ healthy, easy dessert recipes that are 5 ingredients or less. Every book sold supports OzHarvest Charity! Get yours from www.nourishin5.com
A crowd-pleasing Pecan Pie that’s easy, fast and delicious! It only requires 4 simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
Pecan pie is the perfect combination of sweet, gooey and nutty. The store-bought version is full of white sugar, preservatives, refined flour and rancid oils.
Luckily, this healthy dessert is packed full of protein, healthy fats and fibre! The recipe requires no baking, so it really is the ultimate no-fuss healthy dessert recipe!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @amyleeactive if you make it! I love seeing your creations. 🙂
Time: 20 Serves: 10
- 1 and 1/2 cup pecans (150g) (or other nut of choice; cashews, walnuts or almonds work well)
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut (60g)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (30g) (or substitute for more coconut)
- 4 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped (140g)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped (50g)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (60g) (optional; you can also omit completely)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Crust: Add all crust ingredients to a food processor and process until crumbled. Press crust mixture evenly into a lined pie dish (I used a circle dish 7 inches in diameter) and place in the freezer to firm up whilst you prepare the filling.
- Filling: Place the chopped dates in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until a thick gooey mixture forms (about 10-15 minutes). Add more water if necessary.
- Stir in the protein powder and salt evenly, then stir in the pecans. Remove from heat and let it cool
- Assembly: Take the crust out of the freezer and pour the filling on top. Decorate with more pecans if desired and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for 2 hours to firm up. Enjoy and store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.
For extra flavour, try:
– roasting the nuts you use.
– adding cinnamon and vanilla essence to the crust and filling.
– adding the zest of half a lemon to the crust.
Leave a Reply