Sweet Potato Pizza Base that’s vegan, fat-free and only 2 ingredients!
The pesto is not only delicious on top, it’s also vegan and can be made FODMAP-friendly with low fructose options! It packs a flavour and nutritional punch and is super easy to make with simple ingredients.
- 500g sweet potato, roughly chopped, steamed until soft (skin on or peeled)
- 2 cups oat flour (240g)
CHIVE PESTO – blitz in processor – makes 1 cup
- 1 cup chopped fresh chives (or garlic if not FODMAP)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pinenuts or walnuts or almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (for dairy free version) or parmesan cheese
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Cheese/vegan cheese
- Shredded chicken or smoked salmon
- Red cabbage
- Fresh herbs like coriander or parsley
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray. Mash in a bowl.
- Add oat flour and mix until combined into a dough consistency.
- Wet hands with water then shape the dough into a ball and flatten into circle shape roughly 0.5cm thick. Bake for 15-18 mins.
TOPPINGS – CHIVE PESTO
- Spread the pesto over the base of the pizza. Scatter the choice of veggies and protein across the top and then finally top with cheese.
- Return the pizza to the oven to finish baking for another 10-15 minutes. Remove when cheese is melted. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and serve.
Leave a Reply