You NEED these Cinnamon Donut Twists! Only two ingredients are needed for the dough.
Instant 2 Ingredient Donuts
Donuts are so delicious but would usually take hours to make from making the dough, rising, shaping and frying. These 2 ingredient donuts are basically instant! Two ingredients, a couple of minutes and you have perfectly soft, fluffy donuts to enjoy. Is there anything better?
I always get asked for recipes without eggs! Usually you can substitute eggs in most baking recipes but luckily these 2 Ingredient Donuts don’t require any eggs!
No Yeast Donuts
Bread making can be tricky if you haven’t done it before. It’s easy to destroy the yeast or not get a good rise if you aren’t careful. These donuts require no yeast so even the little ones can get involved!
Watch the TikTok video HERE.
FOLLOW: @AMYLEEACTIVE @NOURISHin5 for more healthy recipes! Tag me on Instagram too if you make it, I’d love to see 🙂
MY COOKBOOK & KITCHENWARE: https://www.nourishin5.com
Time: Prep Time: 10 minutes | Bake Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 6-8 donut twists
- 1 cup (180g) of Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup (150g) of self-raising flour (if using 1 cup plain flour, stir through 2 tsp baking powder)
- Optional: 1 egg, combined for egg wash
- 2 tbsp butter or vegan butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (70g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional dipping sauce: melted dark chocolate mixed with a little coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C/350°F fan force. Stir together yoghurt and flour until combined and a dough texture is formed.
- Divide dough into 6 pieces using a knife. Roll each piece into a long rope and twist in opposite directions until rope forms. Press ends together.
- Optional step for extra fluffiness: add 2 tbsp of bicarb soda to 300ml of boiling water in a pot, then soak dough for 20 seconds. Drip off any excess water.
- Optional step: brush egg wash over dough.
- Bake donuts for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Coat donuts in melted butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon and then coat donuts in the cinnamon sugar. Best served fresh and optional to serve with chocolate dipping sauce!
Leave a Reply