GET NEW RECIPES & FITNESS TIPS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
I want to empower you to make good choices, every day, to be the best version of you. Receive exclusive recipes, hear about the latest in health, fitness and wellness, as well as fun giveaways!
You have successfully been added to the ALA mailing list
Sweet Potato Waffles with Chicken Salad
Posted on: August 10, 2017, by amyleeactive
These Sweet Potato Waffles are crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside and bursting with goodness! Packed full of protein, they’re also gluten-free, sugar-free, and can be made paleo and vegan. I recommend making a waffle sandwich and filling it with the No-Mayo Chicken Salad recipe below, for a nutritionally balanced meal!
Sweet potatoes are nutrient rich, high fibre, low fat and low starch.
✔ Vitamin A for healthy eyes and glowing skin.
✔ Vitamin C, for a healthy immune system
✔ Vitamin B6, to boost metabolism
✔ Potassium, to aid with muscle function
This recipe is perfect for meal prep, as each waffle is only 100 calories each (without oil) and freeze perfectly – I keep them super fresh in these 1.0L Oblong Glass Storers by Décor. Another great way to incorporate healthy waffles into your diet is to substitute them for bread!
1. Waffles: Preheat waffle iron. In a food processor, grind the rolled oats into a flour. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Grease waffle iron: Pour about 1/3 cup of batter in each waffle mold. Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions – waffle is mostly done when steam stops coming out of waffle iron (mine takes 15 minutes).
3. No-Mayo Chicken Salad: while the waffles cook, combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
4. Assembly: Scoop 1/2 cup of No Mayo Chicken Salad in between two waffles.
5. Storage: let cool and store in airtight containers for meal prep in the fridge, lasts 4-5 days. Individually wrap in gladwrap if freezing. To serve, simply pop in the toaster on a low setting.
Tip: * To roast sweet potato, poke with a fork 5-6x and bake 200 C for 45-60mins
** Can also use whole eggs or vegan substitute: 1/4 cup chia seeds (42g) soaked in 1/2 cup water + 1/2 tsp extra baking powder
Share this recipe:
Satay Chicken Zoodles by Chris NaynaSatay Chicken Zoodles by ...
Peanut Butter Choc Chip Kale CookiesPeanut Butter Choc Chip K...