These homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Protein Bars are SO much more satisfying than store-bought bars – they’re also WAY better for you, as they’re filled with natural ingredients, unlike most commercial protein bar brands.
These incredible bars are made with simple, nourishing ingredients like brown rice puffs, peanut butter, chia seeds, coconut and protein powder. I use Organic Road Chia Seeds from Go Vita, as they’re cultivated to the highest quality in South America – unlike most commercial brands which are produced in China and are of lesser quality nutritionally.
They’re perfectly portioned for meal prep; have them as an on-the-go breakfast or pre-workout snack. Each bar packs a hearty crunch and 16g of protein! To keep them at optimal freshness, I store them in the Décor Glass Match-Ups for up to two weeks.
Check out the recipe video here.
Check out more healthy dessert recipes here.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (just peanuts + salt) (110g) (may need more depending on the brand)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao butter, finely chopped (55g)
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener (maple syrup, honey if not vegan) (80g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried fruit of choice (62g)
- 2/3 cup chocolate protein powder* (90g) (or vanilla)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder (30g)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (20g)
- 1/2 cup buckinis (88g)
- 1/2 cup brown rice puffs (12g)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (30g)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toast buckinis and brown rice puffs over medium-high heat until golden brown and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add shredded coconut to the pan and toast until golden brown, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Heat peanut butter, raw cacao butter, liquid sweetener, vanilla and dried fruit in a saucepan over low heat. Mix together until well combined and smooth, then remove from heat. Stir in protein powder, raw cacao powder, cinnamon and salt until smooth, then stir in chia seeds, buckinis, brown rice puffs and coconut flakes. Make sure it’s kept under 45 degrees to retain nutrients of the raw cacao butter.
- Press into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave on low setting or on a pan over low heat. Drizzle over the tops of the bars.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour or freezer for 20 mins before removing from pan and cutting into 8 bars. Store bars in fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Tip: You can substitute rolled oats for brown rice puffs for a chewy texture, instead of crunchy.
You can substitute coconut oil for raw cacao butter, however it will melt easily above room temperature.