It’s hard to believe this Berry Jam has only 3 ingredients and ready in a mere few minutes – it’s refreshingly delicious! The chia seeds add a healthy dose of protein and omega-3 heart-healthy fats, whilst the chia seeds naturally thicken it to a “jam-like” texture. No preservatives, thickeners or artificial colouring. It can be stored in an airtight jar for 1 week. Add a ribbon or some wrapping to a jar and it would make a super cute gift!
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Berries of Choice (Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries) (200g)
- 2-3 tbsp Liquid Sweetener of Choice (Maple Syrup, Agave, Rice Malt Syrup, Honey) (50g)
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Optional add-ins:
– Balsamic vinegar
– Lemon or Orange Zest
– Vanilla or Almond Extract
- Heat the berries and sweetener in a saucepan over medium-high heat until it begins to bubble, then reduce the heat and stir until reduced and thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Mash to reach your desired consistency.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly. Stir in any optional add-ins.
- Take off the heat and stir in chia seeds, and let it thicken as it cools for 10 minutes. If the mixture is thin, add more chia seeds.